Where has time gone - cannot believe my last post was way back in December. So a rapid catch up is needed. Here it is:
New customers (just a sample)
- London Fire, serious users with a serious need to get better mapping. Now they have that with UKMap.
- London Borough of Islington - managing their green environment, UKMap's trees and Land Use makes all the difference for them.
- Mott Macdonald - detailed city centre mapping, all in glorious 3D.
- Promap - the UK's leading mapping portal for the Land and Property market have announced they are taking UKMap
- Points of Interest improvements - to include sub classes, so now it is much easier to analyse and search for key locations such as, car parks (part of Transport), law courts (part of Local Govt), schools (community) and leisure centres (Sports and Leisure)
- Fire stations - yes thanks to feed back from London Fire we have now improved our Fire Station database, including London's newest fire station.
- Retail Centres - major update to include all floors and all shops, collected in the last few months
- Improvements to retail building divisions - new updates following additional field work.
This plus other technical edits have have been requested by users and we are pleased to be able to accomodate their wishes to continue improving UKMap.
We were pleased to see that our long standing customer London Borough of Brent was was commended by the Association For Geographic Information in its Public Sector category for Brent's innovative application of UKMap.
The most recent piece of news is that we have announced for the first time our sponsorship of GISRUK 2010 and we are looking forward to announcing a UKMap challenge to the academic community in conjunction with this conference. Contact me if you want more information.
I'll try to keep up to date with developments here with more posts in the future.